Disney’s Pixie Hollow is No More

Disney’s Pixie Hollow is No More

Blogging Disney has featured the world of Pixie Hollow on three previous occasions.

Tinker Bell

In August 2011, I blogged about the Disney Fairies Magazine and the Disney Fairies Fly mobile app: Tinker Bell and Disney Fairies Magazine.

In September 2011, I promoted the TV premiere and home video release of the Pixie Hollow Games movie with links to online games and contests. Pixie Hollow Games, Contests, and More!

And in July 2013, I gave a detailed review of one of my favorite Disney apps: Disney Fairies Fashion Boutique.

Are you surprised there’s so much happening in the tiny, magical world of Peter Pan’s temperamental fairy sidekick? Don’t be!

Introducing the Garden Fairy Chloe, screenshot from disney.go.com/fairies/

Fans of the Disney Fairies franchise have always known the world of Tinker Bell and her friends is more than just movies, magazines and mobile apps: it’s a vast multiplayer online universe where you can create your own fairy avatar, play games, design fashions and interact with thousands of other Tinker Bell fans.

Err, well…it used to be, anyway.

As it happens, Disney shut down the Pixie Hollow online world in September 2013, just two months after I raved about the Disney Fairies Fashion Boutique app (which I came THISCLOSE to spending real $$$ playing). But on September 19th, Pixie Hollow vanished, and along with it, the Disney Fairies Fashion Boutique app.

Boutique closet, screenshot from Disney Fairies Fashion Boutique, copyright Disney

What about Disney Fairies Fly and the Disney Fairies Magazine? Are they still around? Nope. All gone. Poof. It’s as if they never existed.

Of course, Disney can delete Pixie Hollow from the internet and remove the games from the App Store, but my blog posts are still online. I didn’t even know Disney purged the Disney Fairies universe until I received several comments from readers who couldn’t find the Fashion Boutique in the App Store. The comments were from angry Fairies fans who loved the fashion boutique app but couldn’t download it on new devices and were unable to recover the game after accidentally deleting the original download.

Pixie Hollow Closed

As a Fashion Boutique fan, the frustrations of other gamers inspired me to investigate the vanishing app. The internet isn’t always the easiest place to find things that no longer exist, but after a fair amount of Googling, I found an FAQ explaining Disney’s purge of Pixie Hollow and its related apps.

Pixie Hollow FAQ

Unfortunately, the FAQ page is a JPG image, making it inaccessible to screen readers and devices without image support, and the text can’t be read and indexed by search engines. To help the distraught Fairies fans who come to Blogging Disney looking for answers, I’ve copied Disney’s official FAQ below.

DISNEY FAIRIES PIXIE HOLLOW IS NOW CLOSED

Thank you for being a flutterific part of the Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow community and for your loyalty.

Pixie Hollow accounts have now been automatically closed, and can no longer be accessed.

Guests with paid Memberships should have received an email with information about their Membership including refund details. If you have any additional billing-related questions, please contact us at billing@pixiehollow.com or (877) 787-4943. Billing support will no longer be available after November 18, 2013.

Disney Fairies Fashion Boutique has also been removed from the App Store as of September 19, 2013.

When did Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow close?
Disney Fairies Pixie Hollow closed on September 19, 2013.

Why did Pixie Hollow close?
Disney Interactive is committed to offering high-quality, entertaining play experiences in both online virtual worlds and mobile apps. At this time, we are shifting our development focus towards other online and mobile play experiences, such as the Disney Fairies website and a growing selection of Disney Mobile apps. We deeply appreciate your enthusiasm and loyal support for Pixie Hollow and sincerely hope you will continue to enjoy the large variety of online and mobile play experiences Disney offers – with more to come soon!

Can I still access my account and my Fairy/Sparrow Man avatar(s) and items?
Unfortunately, you can no longer access your account to Pixie Hollow or log into the Pixie Hollow virtual world.

Why can’t I purchase or re-activate my membership?
Pixie Hollow closed on September 19, 2013. Memberships are no longer available for purchase.

I had a recurring paid membership for Pixie Hollow. What happens now?
As of August 20, 2013, your credit card or PayPal account was no longer charged a recurring payment for Pixie Hollow. Guests with paid Memberships received an email with information about Memberships including refund details. Pixie Hollow closed on September 19, 2013. You can no longer access your account to Pixie Hollow or log into the Pixie Hollow virtual world. Billing support will no longer be available after November 18, 2013.

Can I still redeem a secret code I got from a Disney Fairies toy?
Pixie Hollow closed on September 19, 2013, and code redemptions of any kind for Pixie Hollow are no longer available. Please contact us at billing@pixiehollow.com for additional help.

I had purchased a Pixie Hollow game card, but I never redeemed it. What do I do now?
Pixie Hollow closed on September 19, 2013, and Membership for Pixie Hollow is no longer available. If you have purchased a Pixie Hollow Game Card at Target or Toys R Us retail stores, but have not yet activated your Game Card online, please contact us at billing@pixiehollow.com or (877) 787-4943 for additional help. Billing support will no longer be available after November 18, 2013.

I have a Membership/Free Trial code (either from a Game Pass or DVD insert). Can I still use it?
Pixie Hollow closed on September 19, 2013, and Membership of any kind for Pixie Hollow is no longer available. Please contact us at billing@pixiehollow.com for additional help.

Is the Disney Fairies Fashion Boutique mobile app also closed?
Disney Fairies Fashion Boutique was removed from the App Store on September 19, 2013. If you have already downloaded the game on your device, you can continue playing it with more limited functionality.

Will there be any Disney Fairies online games coming out in the future?
You can continue to play flitterific games and activities right here at the official Disney Fairies website! More Fairiy fun will be added regularly!

May 13, 2014 - Games, Latest News, Online - Read More

812 Responses to “Disney’s Pixie Hollow is No More”

1. Dawn says:

A little reality is always a tough pill to swallow but why pretend PH is coming back ??

2. Seriously says:

Dawn
    I think telling people to “get over” Pixie Hollow is like telling them to shoot themselves. It may not (or may be) be of your concern, but please, consider other people’s feelings. Just don’t rant all about how much Disney costed for Pixie Hollow, okay? The best thing to do (for now) would be you helping them and encouraging them that Disney Fairies franchise is still available.

Anyways, it is so sad that they removed this but, oh well.

Here’s the site: or fairies.disney.com

3. Dawn says:

I thought so you all want disney to bleed money so you can be happy what about disney they are around to make money and if anyone of you presented them with a sound way to double their money I’m sure they would listen. Your belief that a second PH would make tons of money is clearly not shared by disney because regardless of what you or I say it IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

4. Dawn says:

Then why have they not done so or why is not even a hint that they will or might bring it back. People seem to think just because they could afford it they should spend their money to make you feel happy. Disney goes by business planning and I don’t see any Fairies providing Disney with a business plan to make tons of money because at the end of the day they look to see much they will make not might make.

5. Laurelyn says:

Dawn,
    Yes, you are correct. Re-opening Pixie Hollow or creating a newer version will cost a lot of money-for any small company. The thing is, Disney is in the top 15 corporations of this time, and with all the money they make from movie, toy, and game sales, making Pixie Hollow a reality wouldn’t be too much.
    Sure, they may have to stop a new movie, or hold back a new toy, but bringing back Pixie Hollow would actually be better for them, plus Disney merchandise will still sell giving them income, and they don’t have to have the whole company work on the project either. Just a division or a few people.
    Long story short, I just really want Pixie Hollow back because of many great memories, and I think it would be a great opportunity if Disney brought it back.

6. Dawn says:

Its gone kids deal with it cause disney sure has.

7. MS says:

Isn’t that one of the reasons that they shut down CP too? Its devastating to get attached to one game and then watch them discontinue it. Plus the CPI was the main reason they closed it and its nothing in comparison to the old game. I was 8 when Pixie Hollow shut down and it had to be one of the most sad moments in my life when I saw that the game had closed. Weren’t there rumors that Disney was going to launch it again? I think that was 2014 or 2015.
    For anyone who wants a similar experience, I heard that there was something called Pixie Hollow UK. I once made an account but now I just cant find the game on the website.

8. chloe mann says:

I grew up on this game,and i wish it was still online! I hope they will come out with a new pixie hallow! I just watch a tinker bell movie and I wanted to come play the game but It is not up any more!!! It would make me so happy if this game came back to online!!! It would be dream come true!!!

9. Heidi says:

I have known pixie hollow since it first came out, I had a character whom I adored and cherished, everytime I would go to my grandma’s, I would claim the computer to play it. Soon, however, she was deleted as now it would cost money for the things I had. And soon, I couldn’t play it at all, as it was required to have a membership to play. I was only about 10 years old when this happened. I had never been so devastated in a my life. That game made me feel like anything was possible. I had cried that I could no longer play the game that had been my entire life for many years. I cherished everything that disney brought to pixie hollow. It is tragic that I found out that pixie hollow doesn’t exist no more after five years of it being gone. It is depressing and a tragic event for me, but I am a hopeful person, and I can only hope that Disney might be hiding a brand new Pixie Hollow for us with even more places to go and things to do. I am elated to know that I am not the only adult that still cherishes their childish games.

10. Jazzberry96 says:

Dawn, I have been on this forum since 2015 please give it a rest. I can’t believe your still here crying about people complaining. Let them complain and grieve over the best game that anyone has ever played. It’s not sad to cry and want back and amazing game like pixie hollow. And yet you are here telling people “to get over it” as if it’s that easy. It’s not. I’m a 20 year old guy and I’m still crying and sad cause this game was the best game I ever played when I was a teenager/kid. I still miss it and I will miss it forever.

11. Dawn says:

Do you people have any idea just how much money it would cost Disney to bring back Pixie Hollow. Much much more than the original start up. Most don’t care that it would cost an arm and leg to bring it but hey its only Disney s money not yours. That was one of the original problems for every person who became a member five more did not and Disney should have cut off those free loads but they didn’t and it cost them lots of money but its only Disney s money.

12. Dawn says:

Do you people have any idea just how much money it would cost Disney to bring back Pixie Hollow. Much much more than the original start up. Most don’t care that it would cost an arm and leg to bring it but hey its only Disneys money not yours. That was one of the original problems for every person who became a member five more did not and Disney should have cut off those free loads but they didn’t and it cost them lots of money but its only Disneys money.